Developer Road Map
Below is a description of the appraisal process of SEZ Land/Site Designation for Gazettement and Developer Licensing.
STEP 1 – Investment Enquiry or Letter of interest from proponent.
STEP 2 – Investor is issued with Investment Project Proposal Form or Template.
STEP 3 – Submission by the client of the complete application Package that includes: -
(a) SEZA Investment Project Proposal Form;
(b) A Feasibility Study Report satisfactory of current/up to date SEZA Regulations highlighting:-
· Market Demand Analysis,
· Schematic Master Plan,
· Economic Impact Assessment,
· Financial Model,
· Strategic Environmental Social-Impact Assessment or SEA.
· And any other applicable guidelines set in SEZA Regulations.
· Any other relevant information.
(c) Copy of title deed(s);
· Unencumbered land titles
(d) Project Description:-
· Schematic Masterplan/land use plan
· Development Plan and Timetable to include Perspective Drawings
(e) Statutory Documentation which includes:-
· Certificate of Incorporation, Form CR12, Copy of PIN, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate and Audited Financial Statements for the last 3 years.
STEP 4 – Project evaluation upon submission of all required documents and payment of Application Fee at US $ 150.
STEP 5 – Land search and site evaluation by the Authority to assess the proposed SEZ land.
STEP 6- Submission of appraised projects to the SEZA Board for Recommendation or Deferment.
STEP 7 – Advice proponent on Approval, re-submission for additional information and or Decline of SEZ Designation Recommendation.
STEP 8 – Submission of Recommended SEZ Designation to C.S for either Approval or advice.
STEP 9 – Advice Proponent on Approval or Rejection of the Recommendation to the C.S.
STEP 10 – Designation of area as an SEZ kicks into effect after declaration of land as an SEZ through a Gazette Notice. STEP 11 – Issuance of Developer License upon application and evaluation and payment of annual license fee of US $ 5000.
STEP 12 – Operationalization and Regulation of SEZ.