- Administrative Incentives -
Operation under essentially one license issued by SEZA
Special Economic Zones are only required to operate under one license issued by the Special Economic Zones Authority.
Investors in the zones are therefore exempted from the following administrative processes:
- Exemption from rent and tenancy controls.
- The provisions of the Foreign Investments and Protection Act relating to certificate for approved enterprise.
- The provisions of the Statistics Act.
- Exemption from the payment of advertising fees and business service permit fees levied by respective County Governments’ Finance Acts.
- Exemption from general liquor license and hotel liquor license under the Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2010.
- Exemption from manufacturing license under the Tea Act.
- Exemption from license to trade in un-wrought precious metals under the Trading in Un-wrought Precious Metals Act.
- Exemption from filming license under the Films and Stages Plays act.