Administrative Incentives

These Include: 

One Stop Shop service for facilitation and aftercare : SEZA Investor Support Division assists new companies and provide help and advice in the areas of labour regulations, work permits, import-export logistics, application for utility connections, and registration with tax authorities etc.

Operation under essentially one license issued by SEZA: This single operating license is aimed at minimizing bureaucracy and administrative procedures. Exemptions provided under the SEZ Act include:

  • Exemption from rent and tenancy controls.
  • The provisions of the Foreign Investments and Protection Act relating to certificate for approved enterprise.
  • The provisions of the Statistics Act.
  • Exemption from the payment of advertising fees and business service permit fees levied by respective County Governments' Finance Acts.
  • Exemption from general liquor license and hotel liquor license under the Alcoholic Drinks Control Act, 2010.
  • Exemption from manufacturing license under the Tea Act.
  • Exemption from license to trade in un-wrought precious metals under the Trading in Un-wrought Precious Metals Act.
  • Exemption from filming license under the Films and Stages Plays act.  

Rapid project approval and licensing (with exception of projects requiring environmental license from National Environmental Management Agency (NEMA). :

No Exchange Controls - Liberalized foreign exchange regime and easy repatriation of capital and profits, access to foreign currency accounts, domestic and offshore borrowing.

Onsite customs documentation and inspection by Customs Staff. All zones have a resident Customs office for on-site customs documentation and clearance. A Senior Revenue Officer is attached to the SEZA management to assist in all matters relating to customs and excise.

Unrestricted investment by foreigners

The licensed special economic zone enterprises, developers and operators shall be entitled to work permits of up to twenty (20) percent of their full-time employees; and on the recommendation of the Authority, additional work permits may be obtained for specialized sectors.