PROCEDURE FOR OPERATOR LICENSE APPLICATION
This license is issued to a corporate entity engaged in the management of a special economic zone.
Step 1: Formal Application
- Fill in and submit a SEZA Operator License Application Form.
- Attach all the supporting documents as per the SEZA Operator License Application Form.
- Attach the Developer-Operator Agreement document.
Step 2: Approval in Principle
The application is approved, the Authority will issue an Approval in Principle Letter guiding on conditions to be fulfilled in order to sanction the issuance of an SEZ License. The conditions may include the following
- Incorporation of an SEZ Company and submission of an Incorporation Certificate, CR 12 Form and KRA PIN of the newly incorporated SEZ company
- Fulfilling any other registration conditions given at this stage relating to business activity i.e., Submission of Pharmacy and Poisons Board approval etc.
- Payment of SEZA license fees.
Step 3: Incorporation on new SEZ entity
Incorporation of the New SEZ Entity is carried out by the Business Registration Service (BRS)/ Registrar of Companies. SEZA issues a letter of No Objection to the Business Registration Service (BRS) to enable investor to register/incorporate an SEZ company in Kenya.
Step 4: Submit payment receipt and newly incorporated company incorporation documents to SEZA.
Step 5: Issuance of SEZ Operator License
A SEZ Operator License is issued to the newly Incorporated SEZ Company after payment of Annual License fee of US $ 5,000.