A Special Economic Zone is a designated and declared area, gazetted for the purpose of undertaking SEZ activities while enjoying special economic regulations that differ from general trade, tax, and investment rules
Land Gazettement Process
- Investor issued with Investment Project Proposal Form or Template.
- Submission of the complete application Package by the client.
- Project evaluation upon submission of all required documents.
- Land search and site evaluation by the Authority to assess the proposed SEZ land.
- Submission of appraised projects to the SEZA Board for Recommendation or Deferment.
- Advice proponent on Approval, re-submission for additional information and or Decline of SEZ Designation Recommendation.
- Submission of Recommended SEZ Designation to C.S for either Approval or advice.
- Advice Proponent on Approval or Rejection of the Recommendation to the C.S.
- Designation of area as an SEZ kicks into effect declaration of land as an SEZ through a Gazette Notice.
- Issuance of Developer License upon application and evaluation and payment of annual license fee of US $ 5000.
- Operationalization and Regulation of SEZ.
Application Package Requirements
- SEZA Investment Project Proposal Form;
- A Feasibility Study Report highlighting: –
- Market Demand Analysis,
- Schematic Master Plan,
- Economic Impact Assessment,
- Strategic Environmental Social-Impact Assessment or SEA
3. Copy of title deed(s); Unencumbered land titles (contested title)
4 . Project Description
- Schematic Masterplan/land use plan
- Development Plan and Timetable to include Perspective Drawings
5 . Statutory Documentation which include: –
- Certificate of Incorporation, Form CR12, Copy of PIN, KRA Tax Compliance Certificate and Audited Financial Statements for the last 3 years